Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Slowly Feeling Better

Feb 21- 27th

Monday
am- 30 minutes
pm- 60 mintues very easy.

Tuesday
am- 7 miles on treadmill + core and push ups
pm-7 miles + strides and 10x over hurdles

Wednesday
am-off
pm- 13 miles with 20 minute light progression run in middle. + strides, core, and push ups

Thursday
am-7 miles 52 mins
pm- 6 miles  43 mins

Friday
am-off
pm- 75 minutes at Syracuse with a few of the guys and Ben and Ryan on the indoor track

Saturday
am-off
pm- 15 miles 1:39 mins  achilles tight from running on indoor track

Sunday
am-off
pm- 12 miles 70 mins.

Total- 90 miles

This was a real good week for me.  It was the best week I've had since being sick.  I did a very light 20 minute progression run in the middle of a run because iI was feeling good that day and wanted to see what my limits are right now.  It felt very easy but I didn't want to push it.  I want to be patient.  It also gave me a lot of confidence that I havent lost much fitness.  I was always amazed when a friends of mine Nate Jenkins would be sick or miss a bit of training but come back so quickly like he missed nothing.  He always told me that because he has such a strong base it was fine, and he would be fine missing time here and there.  At the time I was so confused because for me if I take a few days I feel like im so out of shape.  Well now I realize what Nate was talking about.  Now that im almost 100% I feel as though I havent missed much when it comes to the longer stuff.  I did a workout this week that in the past I would have been crazy to even think about doing after struggling the last 8 weeks.  I will fill you in soon about that. 

I have put being sick and missing my indoor season behind me.  I have all my concentration and effort focused on the up coming season and running a fast 3ksc. 

I would just like to give a big shout out to everybody following me and my goal to a US Qualifier.  I really appreciate it.  Thanks all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment