Monday, February 21, 2011

Jan 24-Feb 20

Jan 24-30
M-am 12 on treadmill
     pm 5 miles on treadmill
T-am 5 miles
   pm-12 miles.  Attempted workout but I was still coughing and couldn't do more than one repeat.
W- off (body feels awful)
T-off
F-5 miles very easy
S-am-5 easy (shakeout)
   pm-Bu Terrier mile.  Dropped out at 1100.  went through the 1000 in 2:35-2:36  It felt very easy but then I started to cough and could't breathe again.
S-17 miles with 10 mile tempo- 54:30  Fetl very good and relaxed again
Tot-65

Jan 31- Feb 6
M-am-7 very easy
pm- 6 miles on treadmill
T-am-75 minutes in blizzard. + drills and strides.  15x over hurdle.
    pm-5 miles on treadmill + core and strides
W- am-8 miles easy
     pm -6 miles + strides
T-Off (body completely shut down again.  I felt like I had the flu.)
F-off
S-off
S-off
Total- 42

Feb 7-13
M am- 40 mintues + push ups
T  am-5 miles on treadmill
    pm- 5 miles on treadmill
W am-off
    pm-10 minutes bike 6 miles on treadmill in 33:40 + core and push ups
T am-15 minutes bike + 9 miles
 F am- off
    pm-7 miles hard + 5 min planks and push ups
S am-8 miles
   pm-6 miles
S-am off
    pm-9 miles
Total-62 miles

Feb 14-20

M- am-off
      pm-10 miles 60:25 + 5 min planks and push ups
T-  am-off
      pm-10 miles 64:21 with a few 400m strides + 6 min abs and push ups
W- am- 5 miles
      pm-8 miles + 5 min planks and push ups
T-  am- 9 miles + strides
F-  am-8 miles + strides
      pm-5 miles + core and push ups
S-  am-8 miles on treadmill + strides 5 min planks and push up
      pm-6 miles
S- am 4 mile shake out
    pm- USATF New England 5k-  Felt relaxed and very easy through 3k then my body was exhausted.

Total- 78

As Ive said before this has been a very frustrating 7 weeks.  I can usually handle just miles when Im sick, so thats what ive been trying to do.  Obviously this time my body was able to hand that which is why I had so many off days in a row.  Its very annoying that im missing a huge chunk of my training right now but I just keep thinking positive knowing that I have put in so much work over the last 5 years and a huge base this fall that I will be fine come the spring time.  I will just have to do everything right over the next couple of months.  At this point there is no room to mess around.  I need to take every step of running very serious and do all the little things I hate doing.  (for me this is just getting in the gym and doing core, strethcing more, rolling my legs out, taking is easy or rest when my body seems tired.)  Another thing that I have been working very hard on lately is what im eating.  I have been doing very well for myself lately with eating healthy.  So in a way me being sick is giving me the oppurtunity to work on all the little things I always take for granted.

I spoke with my teammate David Chorney at the meet yesterday after his mile.  He has made big steps this fall and indoor season.  David is also running the 3ksc outdoors for the BAA.  He ran close to 9 flat last outdoors and is in the same boat as me when it come to wanting the us standard.  So it got me really excited talking to him about races and training for outdoors.  Im looking forward the nice weather and working out with Dave.  I have never had a training partner when it comes to the 3ksc so I think it will really help both of us to improve and strive to run fast.

Cheers all,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment