Friday, January 7, 2011

Week 23 (Dec 6-12)

Monday
am- Workout 5k with race simulation.  First and last 800 hard.  middle 2 miles relaxed 4:55 pace
800-2:15
mile-4:55
mile- 4:50
800-2:20
5k-14:53 (PR)
w/up-4 c/down-3
pm-5

Tuesday
am-6 miles
pm-8 miles (golfball workout with uml team)

Wednesday
am-13
pm-5 miles

Thursday
am-12 miles
pm-5 miles

Friday
am-Flight to Charlotte
pm-6 miles on course + drills and strides

Saturday
am-10 min shakeout wiht Harvey and Ruben
pm- USATF Club Nats 10k-32:39

Sunday
am-off

Total- 83 miles

This was a very good workout to start off the week.  I ran a 5k pr but felt if needed I could go a lot faster.  This being said I still probably went to hard and was part of the reason I felt dead 2 miles into nationals.  I didn't end the season the way I wanted to but at the same time I did.  My main goal for cross was to get in a solid base (which i did.  I had 20 weeks with an average of 115 miles).  I really worked on my tempo and progression runs this fall.  They not only got longer but I was running them at a faster pace and feeling comfortable.  So all that being said it was tough to end the season with a bad race.  That shortly stopped when we found out as a team we finished 3rd, which immediately made things better. It was a great season in more than one way and I am very happy with how the fall went overall. 

Sorry for the delay but in the new year im gonig to try and blog more and keep you updated on my training for the 3ksc outdoors.

Happy New Years
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment