Monday, January 24, 2011

I just want to get Healthy

Jan 17-23

Monday
am-30 minutes bike.  Felt sick
pm- 10 miles very easy

Tuesday
am-70 minutes out in the Blizzard
pm-5 miles on treadmill + drills

Wednesday
am-am wo at tufts.  Goal 2x800 4-5x400 with 400 rest
2:20, 600- 1:41,  63,63,65,64
w/up 20 c/down 20
pm-6 miles

Thursday
am-10 miles
pm-off

Friday
am-10 miles in the snow again
pm-3 miles

Saturday
am-8 miles + strides
pm-4 miles + drills and strides

Sunday
am- 5 miles easy
pm-GBTC Invite-800m -2:05
w/up 30 c/down 30

Total- 91 miles

This was not a good week.  I am still dealing with being sick and it's very annoying.  I shouldn't have raced but I was nervous about trying to run a fast mile next week at terrier with no races.  So even though I was still sick I decided to run the 800 thinking it would be a good workout.  The race ended up serving no purpose and wasn't a good workout.  From the gun I put myself in the back and didn't even try and race.  It was as if I was doing 1 long stride.  I was never running fast enough to actually get tight or tired.  The only thing wrong was I had an awful cough and couldn't breathe about 200m in.  The uml boys had a good tune up for BU next week with a few guys running 1:57 or faster.

Hope things will be better next time I post. Good luck all with this week of training.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment